Font Size

Resident Services Coordinator

Community Service for Public Housing Residents

Tina-100x150HCHA’s Resident Services Coordinator offers free confidential social work services to HCHA Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher residents. The Resident Services Coordinator is provided to address problems and issues so individuals and families can maintain housing benefits and live the best quality of life possible.  Tina Bourland assists people in Hall County by diagnosing problems, advocating for and providing referral services to individuals and families dealing with various challenges in their everyday lives.

Services include:

  • Case management
  • Education/information
  • Conflict resolution
  • Personal consultation
  • In-home visitation
  • Crisis intervention
  • Advocacy

  • Emotional support
  • Referral
  • Family and personal problems
  • Budgetary issues
  • Relationship issues
  • Domestic conflicts
  • Child or spousal abuse

  • Discimination
  • Advocacy for services
  • Mental or physical disability
  • Unemployment
  • Substance abuse
  • Psychosocial support

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I access the Resident Services Coordinator Service?
Call Resident Services Coordinator Tina Bourland at the HCHA main office, 308-385-5530, to make an appointment.
What can this service do for me?
The goal is to help improve resident’s quality of life. This service offers residents advocacy and support during tough times, refers residents to area resources, provides case management, and helps communicate between the resident and other agencies. Other services can be offered depending on the resident/families need.
How long can I access this service?
This service is available for participants in HCHA programs including Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher. This service does not have a time limit as long as the individual’s needing the service are HCHA residents and are working constructively with the HCHA Resident Services Coordinator. Although, this service is designed to be short-term and to address immediate needs and concerns.
How does this service work?
Individuals get referred to the Resident Services Coordinator two ways. Individuals or families can refer themselves by calling or stopping by the HCHA’s main office. Secondly, referrals are made from HCHA staff, community agencies, friends or family members. Once the referral is made, the Resident Services Coordinator will assess the situation through a phone call or visit. At this time, needs are identified and a recommendation is made by the Resident Services Coordinator. In most situations, the Resident Services Coordinator will meet with the individual or family several times. On an as need basis, the Resident Services Coordinator will conduct follow-up visits.